The Hamptons Finest Attractions This 2015
Located in the heart of Southampton Village near the town’s premiere dining, entertainment and shopping destinations, the Southampton Inn provides the ideal home base for any traveler’s visit to the Hamptons. Whether enjoying the on-site amenities or partaking in one of the many outings that can be arranged through the boutique hotel’s guest services, visitors can utilize the Southampton Inn to orchestrate their ideal vacation—be it a weekend getaway or a longer respite.
Here are 25 ideas for making the most of a visit to the Southampton Inn this 2015 season:
- Take part in Southampton’s year-long 375th anniversary celebration—This historic community marks its milestone anniversary with private home tours, lectures, historical walks, and gala celebrations.
- Complementary shuttle to Cooper’s Beach, regularly ranked among Dr. Beach’s best beaches in America.
- Bicycle to the beach, past farms and fields, or down streets that boast historic multimillion dollar estates.
- Soak up some rays or just float the day away by the Southampton Inn’s 50-foot pool.
- Attend a charity gala to support one of many local causes from the Parrish Art Museum, Prostate Cancer Foundation, to Samuel Waxman Hamptons Happening.
- Browse the nearby art galleries and museums featuring some of the world’s most talented artists.
- Have guest services arrange a sea fishing excursion or boating expedition.
- Rogers Mansion for cocktails—Located within the Southampton Historical Museum complex, this estate is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Find a foursome, or go solo, and secure a tee times at one of several beautiful golf clubs such as Indian Island Country Club or Cherry Creek Golf Links.
- Free concerts are within walking distance at nearby Agawam Park, Southampton Cultural Center, and Avram Hall or get tickets to Pianofest in the Hamptons, a much celebrated weekly series featuring the world’s finest you musicians.
- Arrange for lessons in popular watersports, such as windsurfing, surfing, and kiteboarding.
- Enjoy family friendly story time or films at the nearby Roger Memorial Library.
- Sip and swirl local wine varietals at one of the South Fork’s award-winning wineries.
- Private tennis lessons with world-class players at the Southampton Inn’s tennis court or nearby tennis club.
- Shop luxury labels and locally curated boutiques on nearby Jobs Lane and Main Street.
- Work up a sweat at many celebrity-endorsed fitness centers like the Tracy Anderson Studio or stand-up paddle boarding with the Paddle Diva.
- Dine at one of the Hamptons many epicurean destination restaurants, or just relax with an ice cream cone at one of the long-standing family-run establishments.
- Taste-test the latest niche brews from hometown brewpub Southampton Publick House, one of the most lauded breweries in America.
- Learn jewelry making at Pelletreau Silver Shop—Master jeweler Eric Messin creates one-of-a-kind pieces and conducts jewelry making workshops in this historic trade shop built in the 1600s.
- Don’t miss Art Southampton—Presented by Art Miami, this four-day fair of international, modern, contemporary art and design takes place July 9 through 13.
- Hike the nearby nature conservancies and see a wide range of indigenous flora and fauna.
- Join bird watchers for views of a plethora of native species or learn more at the South Fork Natural History Museum.
- Dance till dawn at one of the many nightlife venues established by New York City’s leading nightclub impresarios.
- Game on! Practice your croquet, volleyball, or badminton moves on the Southampton Inn’s bucolic lawns.
- Catch the latest releases at the nearby cinema that also plays host to the annual Hamptons International Film Festival (HIFF) every October.
About Southampton Inn
Set within several acres of manicured lawns and gardens in the heart of the Village of Southampton on Long Island’s stunning East End, Southampton Inn provides an idyllic, year-round escape for bustling city-dwellers. Winner of numerous awards, including “Best Breakfast,” “Best Hotel,” and “Best Wedding Location,” Southampton Inn is a warm and welcoming haven with an exemplary reputation that is richly deserved. Celebrate the art of pure relaxation, indulge in a romantic get-away, or enjoy precious time with the entire family – Southampton Inn has everything for the discerning traveler. With 90 well-appointed guestrooms which are located just steps away from the town’s fine dining restaurants, designer boutiques, art galleries, parks and museums, and one mile from highly-rated Coopers Beach, the Inn is the perfect home-away-from-home to explore the scenic Hamptons.
For more information visit: www.southamptoninn.com/